URBAN BOOK CLUB
JaQ & Jen's Urban Book Club is back and better than ever!
We are expanding our terrain to an online platform, in support of our ongoing effort to engage with Lit-Lovers all over the world. Follow along and Read With Us, tag #JaQandJens in your book reviews and feedback on Instagram and Twitter!
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALONE
In What A Time To Be Alone, The Slumflower will be your life guru, confidante and best friend. She'll show you that being alone is not just okay: it's just about the best freaking thing that's ever happened to you. As she says, 'You're bad as hell and you were made with intention.' It's about time you realized.
Peppered with insightful Igbo proverbs from Chidera's Nigerian mother and full of her own original artwork, What A Time To Be Alone will help you navigate the modern world. We can all decide our own fates and Chidera shows us how, using a three part approach filled with sass, wisdom, and charm.
1. Learn how to celebrate YOU decide your self worth, take time to heal and empower yourself in this messy world.
2. Don't worry about THEM avoid other people's demons and realize that everyone is protecting themselves from something no matter how aggressive their method.
3. Feel the togetherness in US sustain and grow healthy relationships and avoid toxicity in your friendships.
HOW TO GET OVER A BOY
Take control of your love life and gain the power to put yourself first in all your romantic relationships.
• If you're just out of a messy break-up, learn how to put yourself and your needs first
• Find freedom from the tyranny of texts and lost love
• Embrace your single status and shout about your choices
In How to Get Over a Boy, bestselling author Chidera Eggerue will show you, once and for all, how to reframe the stale goal of finding a man. She will equip you with tangible and applicable solutions for every part of your dating life, helping you recognize that men hold as much power in our romantic lives as we grant them.
In the past, dating books tend to lean more into the territory of 'how to make him find you hot!', 'how to make him jealous!', 'how to get him to propose!'. But these how-tos are placing men on a pedestal of being 'the prize'. Men are NEVER the prize. You are. Let The Slumflower show you why.